Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 21 April 2005

Another beautiful morning

Its definitely getting easier and easier when the alarm goes off at 5am to get out of bed. I don't even think about it anymore; the alarm goes off, I spring out of bed, flick the kettle on and make my espresso. I worked out quite quickly that I couldn't handle a full cup of coffee in the morning, but a little shotglass amount does the trick just perfectly! I then toddle off to get my pre-sorted running gear on, pick up my bag packed with work clothes, tip back the espresso and off I go. Out of the house in near 10mins flat :)

Thursday morning, down to Southbank with the usual crowd. This morning was down at New Farm for 30sec sprints, with 30sec standing recovery. I feel at the moment that with each week I am improving, and enjoying my running more and more. I was trying to organise a night out with a friend earlier and realised that 4 out of the next 5 weekend are taken up with running!! AAaahhhhhh my life is being overtaken, a couple of hours more each week. It wasnt that long ago that my long run was a 10km struggle, and if I got a mid-week 5km in I thought I'd pushed myself hard :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home