Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 22 April 2005

A rainy day run

Well, after missing Wednesday run due to complete tiredness (horseriding, touch competition and Tuesday morning session all within three days had knackered me out!) I felt I had to make an effort this morning to get out of bed. Not got a longrun planned this week as I'm racing on Sunday, so felt it all the more important to go and get those miles up! :)

Got out of bed at 5.45am, seemed to be a bit rainy but nothing that a cap wouldnt keep off my face.... got about half-way down the street and it began to pour!! Figured I was going to get soaked either way so just continued on down the street to do my complete run. In the end I did cut it short by 10mins as I could hardly see the rain was coming down that hard. Paying for it now too, feel like I have a cold coming on. Hopefully nothing more than a 24hour thing, got my first timed event this year and my first timed 8km ever on Sunday, as part of the Brisbane Marathon. Should be good, I'm hoping to get around the 40min mark I think, would fit in with my 10km time.

2 Comments:

At Sat Apr 23, 02:58:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the 8km on Sunday; don't forget to post how it went.

 
At Mon Apr 25, 07:16:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hey Chelle, so glad you are blogging! As a seasoned blurker I'm really looking forward to reading about your build-up to the Gold Coast.

Hope you enjoyed the run yesterday.

See ya at Pat's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home