Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 28 May 2005

19km long run - 6 mins quicker

I'm a bit behind in my blogging, so just a quick post:


Saturdays longrun was from the Regatta, I can't remember the last time I met at the Ship Inn as I've had a few race meets on recently, anyway... I had been hoping to do 20km this morning but the group was down on numbers and as my run scheduled for 1.40mins I decided to just try and knock a couple of minutes off of my 19km time, which I had run at 1.53mins two weeks earlier.

I couldnt find my rhythm for the first few km's, in fact, it took me until I reached the end of the Botanical Gardens to really feel comfortable. By the time I hit the river walk though I was feeling good. At Southbank I started to get a bit of a niggle in the same knee I always do but it got no worse, not even when crossing the Victoria Bridge and by the time I was up by Coronation Drive I'd forgotten all about it and was heading for home! I left the two guys that I had been running with and picked up the pace. Feeling good I finished back at the Regatta at 1.47mins; 6 mins quicker than my previous longrun time.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 02, 12:49:00 am, Blogger Hannah said...

I've just realised that you must run with Sam - we run together on a wednesday night - she was so stoked with the 1.47 effort tonight, it was fab!

You never know, I might even show up one saturday *grins* (when I'm feeling braver, that is!)

Oo, and your TT story made me want to do the next one, too!

Great stuff! Yay, Chelle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home