Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 21 May 2005

Warwick - Day 1, no running

'Nice' early and cold start this morning. Someone mentioned 4C and that certainly felt about right at 5.30am!

I wasnt doing any runs today, having only done a longrun of 19km recently and spending so long aiming for the GC Half, I didnt want to end up injurying myself. Gee it was hard sitting on the sidelines watching the others run though... I wanted to be running too!! :)

I was on the 8km water stop for the Half, I was so proud for all the guys that were taking part, all of them came past smiling and looking like they were having fun. Once the end car went past for the runners, we packed up our water table and drove past them all to the end. They were all still looking really strong, and although the leaders had spread out about 8km ahead of the back of pack everyone was still smiling and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

At the end there were a few PB's and it was so good to see people completing the first leg of the Pentath-run. It was back to the start though then for a quick shower and change for the runners, then off to an Equestrian Centre for a 4.6X-country.

At the X-country I had camera duties, and did my best to take at least one photo of everyone I knew out there. There were some superb efforts from the runners, I couldn't believe how well they were backing up their runs from the morning... I think the half alone would have had been done for the day!

A couple of hours after that there was a 5km road run. Again, huge efforts by everyone, they made me feel quite tired just watching them.... I was SO tempted to join in for this one, but my ankle had been feeling a bit sore (my own fault for wearing stupid shoes probably) and I made myself stick to the original plan.


Saturday night and we all went down to the WIRAC for a pasta/red rooster dinner and trivia. It was great to talk to some new runners and hear their experiences. I talked to a lot of experienced runners too and it was so interesting to find out hints and tips and learn from what they've done!

Big day tomorrow, 2 runs for me - seems nothing compared to the five so many people were doing, but I'm just planning on using it as a training run, the hill should be good experience too... never ran a hill before!!

1 Comments:

At Mon May 23, 12:16:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

I'm amazed at how much restraint you showed Chelle! I would have been jumping out of my boots to get in there. I can't stand not being in the race/game/competition and just have to get involved.

Have to read your race day post now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home