Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 23 May 2005

What I learnt from Warwick

I've been thinking about what I learnt from my weekend away, I've decided to blog it for future reference!

Racing with music. I normally do my mid-week run with my mp3 player but have never raced before with it. However, for this particular 10km I felt it could be really hard work and in a smaller field than I'm use to running with I could spend a lot of time running solo. I am SO glad I choose to take it with me, it really helped take my mind off the hill ahead. I'm not sure about using it for the GC, I reckon I'll carry it in my fuel belt again though, just in case I end up needing it. Will seriously be thinking about using it for the Doomben 10km

Things I forgot. I was in a bit of a rush when I packed, and while I remembered everything I needed to actually run in, I did forget a couple of things that in future I will try and take;

  • tape/bandaid
  • vaseline/bodyglide
  • long-pants to keep warm prerace
  • spare battery for mp3 player
  • check charge on camera battery

Things I might need to buy for Warwick/multi-race events. Being fairly new to running still I dont have as much gear as perhaps some of the runners do, so if I were to go to a multi-event meet again I think I would need to get extra;

  • socks!
  • shorts
  • more energy bars/drinks etc

I'm sure there are other things, but I will add them if I remember what they were!

2 Comments:

At Tue May 24, 09:35:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

I love music of all types but have never run with any. Always interested about what other people listen to. What sort of music do you listen to?

 
At Wed May 25, 06:58:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

I don't listen to much music that is mainstream but I do have Elephunk and in enjoyed listening to it. Also it gave me a bit of credibility with the kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home