Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 12 May 2005

Got a 'bit' wet!

Title doesnt really give justice to how wet we were this morning.. I'm so glad I got out of bed and went though. I dont know whether I just had supernormal energy this morning, or maybe the rain made me feel like I was at home, but I felt I ran really strongly.

We had to do 4x4min reps; 2mins out, 2mins back and then 1min SR. Usually I feel pretty tired on these after the first couple, especially on the 2mins back and find myself bunched in and overtaken by the faster guys. Today I was picking the guys at the back off and up until the 3rd set came back in first for the SR.

Running in the rain was great, once you're wet through it doesnt make a difference - though I was sooooooo happy to get under a hot shower at the end :)

2 Comments:

At Thu May 12, 08:13:00 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

Hot showers after cold rainy runs rock, don't they? (unless of course you forget the bodyglide, then they're awful!)

Good to see you had a good run!

 
At Fri May 13, 01:09:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Every now and then you come away from a speed session on a total high, sounds like you had one of those days Chelle. And good on you for showing up the guys towards the end .... go girl! Er, not that we're competitive ;-)

Sorry I missed it. But trust me, I was thinking of you all as I was staring out of the window at work at 6.00am watching the rain pour down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home