Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Wednesday 11 May 2005

mid-week run, one hour

A whole run in the dark this morning, I actually quite enjoyed it. I find it easier to run by myself if I can switch off from everything else, so with my mp3-player and the blanket of darkness this was easy this morning!

I had an hour slow run to do, which is a new time for me mid-week so decided to try a new route out. Usually I do a loop, but I was unsure of an hour loop so I did an out and back. The first 15 minutes were flat, followed by a couple of long downhills, then when I got to a suitable point (a roundabout!) I turned around - would have been about 28mins. The two up-hills weren't too much of a struggle and I actually got back dead on 56mins, so a nice even run.

Felt a bit of a niggle on my knee this morning, an old hockey injury which I'm hoping isn't about to rear its ugly head again... will take it easy in tomorrow session and go from there. Heard too many horror stories recently about ITB etc to take my chances though.

1 Comments:

At Wed May 11, 10:53:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happiest running by myself also, Chelle, but never in the dark! Be careful with you knee niggle; knees are notoriously slow to fix once injured, so take it easy till the niggle has gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home