Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Wednesday 1 June 2005

Oh no!! I'm broken!

Aggghhhh - my knee & my ankle aren't happy with me at the moment. I did a good long stretching session last night to try and help but I dont know if it has. I had my alarm set for 5.15am today but as soon as I woke up I still felt really sore, just in the right leg. I'm really hoping that its from playing Touch on wet slippery grass on Monday night & will sort itself out after having this morning off running.

Fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

At Wed Jun 01, 02:28:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh no Chelle! You've had a big couple of days, the touch and the great 3k TT. Hopefully its just your body hinting that it wants a day off.

Take it easy tomorrow morning too, and if you go to Pat's enjoy the view from the back of the pack!

 
At Wed Jun 01, 02:30:00 pm, Blogger Matty said...

Hang in there Chelle! I really hope its nothing serious.

Don't worry about losing too much ground in your training for the Gold Coast Half if you end up having to take a few days off.

Coincidentally enough, I had an inflammation of the connective tissue above my metarsals and below my ankle about 4 weeks before my Marathon debut at Gold Coast last year. I missed a few days training but still got to the starting line ok.

Hang tough mate!!

PM

 
At Wed Jun 01, 06:07:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

ah ha! - that would be karma for laughing at my blog entries ...

... seriously, I hope you're ok - take it easy and don't be worried about a few days off now and then. You already have a good base for GC. You'll be absolutely fine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home