Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Challenge Two.... Tick!

....and so there you have it, my second run longer than about 3km in the last 18months has been completed. The 12km GH Mountains trail run. I cant remember the exact time, it wasnt that remarkable, maybe somewhere around 1.17mins I think, I would have to check the watch. Still, it further reinforced why I want to be out there running again. MJ, myself and a friend of MJ's had a blast. I found the first 2km really hard going for some reason, I dont know why, probably a little out of race practise and it just took a while to settle in; the hills were fun, although I freely admit to walking up those where running would have actually been slower! Between about 6-10kms MJ and I chatted about allsorts of otherwise inane things, however, when its taking your mind of the hurt, any conversation goes!! At about 10km, despite carrying water and filling up a bit at the 5.5km station I was starting to feel a bit thirsty, I think the heat/sun and again, lack of race skill plus overall unfitness was the reason, it was good enough motivation to get me to the end quicker and put in the final effort to the finish line. Ceramic mug #2 is now proudly at home!

Back at my place I spent an hour in the spa with MJ & her friend and then did a really good stretching session while the muscles were warm. I didnt feel too bad at all when Sunday night came around, which was an improvement from the weekend before after B2B. Monday morning and I went the gym, a very easy session on the treadmill, some weights and a good stretch, more to keep in the gym habit than to burn any serious calories! By Monday afternoon I was feeling pretty sore and went for a walk Monday night to try and work some of it out, and of course, the obligatory stretch before bed again! Tuesday morning and while still sore I was feeling much better than the previous Tuesday, another evening walk and a quick spa before stretching and come this morning I was up and ready to go for my 5.30am Body Attack class.

I am quite pleased with the little progress I have made so far. I will be trying to get out on my bike tomorrow and then the gym on Friday morning. Saturday I have plans to ride to Chermside to meet MJ and then we're off a little run, and then I'll ride home again... Sunday will be rest day, apart from a session at the driving range and maybe a small bit of shopping!

3 Comments:

At Wed Sept 17, 05:23:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

well, how good is to hear from my favourite sunny queenslander again! Great to hear you're getting back into the DOMS, running off-track at GH and all those other things which make running so much a lifestyle choice. Hopefully married life won't keep you off the roads/trails!

And of course we weren't going to forget about your blog! I still have your 'drinking beer on a yacht at Fiji' photo as my wallpaper ;)

 
At Tue Sept 23, 03:16:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Hi Chelle, So happy to hear you are out of the bridal bed and on the road running again :)

Now that winter is well and truly gone you have no excuse.

Can't wait to catch up with you somewhere along the way.

Take care and keep up that stretching regime..
xx

 
At Tue Sept 23, 06:25:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

So good to catch up at GH. Your previous post reminded me of how much fun we had up there that time (I refuse to remember the bad bits!).

Oh, and a little birdie tells me you have a big race coming up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home