Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 12 September 2008

Its a start

Well, this week was interesting. On Monday I experienced DOMS for the first time in a while after the Bridge to Brisbane. I had a float and 30min massage booked in for Monday night which helped considerably and left me only with sore quads to contend with the next day.

Tuesday afternoons are meant to be an easy cycle (I am trying to add some x-training in to my 'running' to prevent injury and increase overall fitness) but I didnt end up going, a late finish from work and Mr Chelle coming home a day earlier than expected from a work trip work were enough excuses combined with my quad soreness, for me to stay home and do a decent stretch instead that night.

Wednesday morning is the dreaded 5.30am Body Attack class, I very nearly hopped on a treadmill instead but MJ was there and I thought I may as well give it a go. I'm very glad I did too. While the class is not technical by any means, its full-on, the 10minute breather in middle is 70 push-ups, it certainly gets the heart rate up and works your legs almost continuously. It was just what I (and my legs) needed, and although it left me tired for the rest of day, the soreness was pretty much gone.

Thursday nights are meant to be another easy cycle, but a doctors appointment and feeling like I was suffering a bit from that achey / headachey / sore throat bug that was going around forced an early night - with some stretching first of course!

The last working day of the week requires a gym session and sure enough I bounced out of bed at 5.15am this morning to make it down there. Nothing to strenuous as this is still very much early days, but a bit of speed work on the treadmill, some weights and a good stretch and I was out of there just after 7am and heading to work.

I think the best part of this week is going to be Sunday, when MJ, Collette and I will be heading up to the GH Mountains to do the 12km trail run. I've only run at the GH once before, a 20 or 25km run I think with Clairie and Tesso, we managed to go off track only once, and I'm hoping for a similar or better run this weekend. From the list there seems to be almost a full-house for the 12km, and lots of others listed in the longer events too; my hat is certainly off to the guys that will be running all through the day and night before finishing, probably, faster than I do.. ha ha.

Anyway, its slowly slowly at the moment, but thanks for the encouraging words on my earlier posts and hopefully over the next few weeks or so this running malarky will become a bit easier again and some distance and speed work can be looked in to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home