Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 27 July 2006

4 x Eeeek!

Pats session this morning was the dreaded 'session before the TT'. We were meant to be going down to Westend but visability was so poor that Pat decided it was safer for us (and everyone coming the opposite direction) to head down to New Farm again.

The usual run-throughs and then in to the big stuff. 4 x 1km efforts, or 4 x 1km + 2 x 500meters for the "Glamour Boys" (Pats words)... luckily I am not a boy so I did feel at all guilty about taking option A :)

The group was fairly quiet, even for a Thursday with most notable absentees being Tess, Clairie, Tara, Ally-Lou and Ciaran. The lack of numbers meant the field spread out quite quickly. I was running in a small group of Sarah, Steve FS and 'new guy'. My splits were as follows;

4.20
4.23
4.27
4.26

Fairly happy with that, I dont think a pb is on the cards on Tuesday, especially if I am to do the 24km GH on Saturday but hoping for an honest effort all the same.

I have been quite "nice" to myself this week, on Tuesday night I left my phone in the car so had no alarm to set for a wednesday morning run. Mr Chelle who does not appreciate being woken up at 4.30am three morning on a row would only set his alarm for 6am, I'm sure the extra time in bed did me no harm though.

So, J2J is done. GH as a training run this weekend, then Bridge2Brisbane next week.. I need a goal for September I think, will have to see what is around.

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 27, 09:48:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

A couple of those glamour boys didn't look to glamourous as we were all leaving the PCRG dinner a couple of weeks ago ... and I have photos to prove it :-)

Great times on those reps Chelle. You seem to be recovering well from the GC.

Its a good feeling going into the TT without expectations of a PB each time. You will probably be the most relaxed person lining up on Tuesday morning!

See ya Saturday morn at Glasshouse. I'm bringing the camera ... we will look glamourous!

 
At Fri Jul 28, 06:44:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Come to Sydney for the Blackmores Festival - the Half or maybe the full....

Either way you get to run right down the middle lane of the Harbour Bridge - that's pretty cool!

 
At Fri Jul 28, 10:59:00 am, Blogger Toasty said...

September goals ... broaden your perspective, tri a tri or work on a new traning method like Yasso's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home