Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 8 September 2008

Its been a while...

I really wasn't joking when I was telling people yesterday I hadn't run in almost two years... its in black & white on this blogsite that I've not posted for nearly as long as well. Hmmm, no wonder I am hurting so badly after competing Bridge2Brisbane yesterday! The rather slow, although not terrible given lack of recent runs time of a whisker under 60minutes has been enough to make me enthusiastically dream of what use to be, and perhaps what could become again. My partner in crime, as usual, is MJ and the bug seems to have bitten her too!

Time will tell if running becomes a full time sport again, or just a weekend hobby, I am very nervous about getting injured again, on the flip side I have had some changes at work over the past month that mean I now have more time available (dont feel obliged to be in work by 6.30am everyday anymore!) and have been managing to go the gym and try and gain some fitness back.

*Watch this space*

3 Comments:

At Mon Sept 08, 09:08:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Nice work in the B2B Chelle. Good to hear you and MJ are back into it. I'm sure Pat would love to see you guys at PCRG once more.

 
At Tue Sept 09, 07:36:00 pm, Blogger speedygeoff said...

It is good to have you back on line.

 
At Mon Sept 15, 09:50:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome back Chelle !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home