Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 23 July 2006

running for breakfast

On Saturday morning myself and the puppy headed down to Shorncliffe to meet up with the injured MJ. The plan was for me to get there 30mins early and do a reasonable 30mins and then meet up with MJ for a slightly slower 30mins before having breakfast at Sonomas. After the previous couple of months the 7km that we did in about 40mins (oppss) seemed minscule, almost just an excuse to eat pancakes have a good chat really, not that I suppose you ever need an excuse for that!

It was good to catch up though and keep MJ up to date on the new people who have joined Pats this week. Its funny, one of them ran with me as the 2hour pacer for the Brissie Half a couple of months back, thats the second person in 3 weeks I've run in to who has known me from former Pacer fame :)

Sunday morning is Jetty 2 Jetty. My goal time for 5km is 22.30, however I am happy for sub 23min (last year was 23.27) as my legs are still not feeling 100% and my knee is going to need some serious stretching before any running is done at all!

3 Comments:

At Sun Jul 23, 05:23:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Sounds like you have quite the reputation as a pacer Chelle. Are you doing it for the B2B or Noosa?

 
At Sun Jul 23, 09:57:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

You never need an excuse to eat pancakes if you ask me ;-)

 
At Sun Jul 23, 10:00:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Waiting for your race report.........how did you go at J2J this morning?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home