Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 18 July 2006

and so it begins again...

First day back at speed work today after the GCM, 8*60sec efforts. My legs felt a bit heavy but generally I was okay, hopefully in another week I'll be getting closer to normal and maybe even a bit quicker ;-)

The day after the marathon I flew to Cairns for a conference, it was pretty full-on, one of those 'breakfast at 7am, seminars 8am-5pm, pre-dinner drinks 6.30pm... not really much time to fit in a run or two and so I used it as a very good excuse to rest up completely. I surprised myself though, I wasnt really too sore, a bit achey for a couple of days and my knee really played up until about Wednesday but rest and stretching appear to have won that battle again :)

Last week I did two very very easy runs and left it at that. I never lost motivation to run but I was definitely enjoying the lack of 4.30am starts so I signed up for J2J 5km and B2B 12km. Unfortunately, well not really as I'm going skiing, but I dont arrive back into Brisbane until the day before Noosa so I have opted not to do that this year.

Anyway, I must now annouce that after running the marathon, the formal dinner and the proud owner of "runners black toe" I am now ready to start training for something new... the question is what?!

4 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 01:52:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wonder what Go Girl is hinting at :-)

Maybe you should do a practice session at Glasshouse on July 29th. I just cruising the 24k if you'd care to join me.

 
At Tue Jul 18, 02:09:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

You could just run for the fun of it.

 
At Tue Jul 18, 05:57:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

don't listen to those silly suggestions. You're itching to do a tri - I can just tell ;)

 
At Sat Jul 22, 12:47:00 am, Blogger R2B said...

Well done Chelle!
Go girl took the words outa my mouth!
Go 6ft!
I am gonna do it and the more of us bloggers doin it the better we can support each other!

Whatever you decide go for it!

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home