Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 6 May 2005

Slow run

Following advice from Pat Carroll a couple of weeks ago, I have been taking my mid-week runs very slowly indeed. Certainly I was finding that speed sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, with a run on a Wednesday were leaving me feeling very flat. Slowing down the pace seems to helping, obviously not covering as many K's, but feeling better about the ones I do cover and I guess thats what counts!

Missing my long run tomorrow and trading it in for the Mothers Day 8km run - I'm really keen to knock a bit of time off of my LWF 8km time, exactly how much I'm aiming for I dont know. Im the LWF I wanted 5min/k and ended up running 4.52k average, think I definitely want to try for 4.50, maybe 4.45 though I'm worried that might be pushing it a bit too much??!!

1 Comments:

At Fri May 06, 01:56:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with having a go at the 4:45, Chelle; just ease up if you feel you're going to burst a lung!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home