Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 3 June 2005

I can ruuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!

Well today started off a little bit scary, appointment at midday to see what was up with my knee. When I came in to work I had an email from a very LOUD person (you know who you are :)) telling me to do some squats, and explaining where and when it should hurt if I had ITB. Well, there was no pain, so longs you dont count the painful looks the other guys in my office were giving me. This was a good start.

Then at midday off to the physio. He made me do some more of the squats (getting quite good at them now) and told me the problem was probably caused by twisting/spraining my ankle and then running slightly off to compensate, meaning that instead of my ankle taking the impact, my knee was and had ended up really twisted and mangled. Some deep massage (ouch) later on I feel like I have a new leg! My knee is still a little sore, and he has said it may always be (not because of this, I could just have a sore knee anyway) but the good news is, that it shouldn't hold me up for more than a week, if that. He's even said I can run on Sunday so longs I follow all his stretching and warm-ups and promise to stop the second it causes pain.

So, today I am back to being a happy little runner again! :)

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 03, 02:12:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Gosh I forgot to tell you to um do the squats in private!! ha ha too funny.

Glad to hear you are running. But remember, if it gets painful on Sunday just slow down and go home. A day off is so much better than a month or two - TRUST ME!!

 
At Fri Jun 03, 05:57:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Whew!

I second what Clairie, er, and I, said about stopping. I once made the mistake of running injured for way too long only to find out just how boring three months of water running can be.

Remember, Gold Coast Half is the goal!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home