Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 5 August 2005

Flat on my back all night....

Until about 3pm yesterday I was feeling pretty good. Managed to do a couple of speedy efforts in Pats session and things were feeling okay. Then it started, at first just a lowerback twinge and a bit of a limp when I walked.. by 6pm I was in agony. At 7pm I headed out to the chemist for some anti-inflammatories and spent the next couple of hours lying flat out on the floor to try and reduce some of the back pain. My leg was throbbing so much at one point it tingled all over. I dragged myself to bed at about 9.30 and lay very still, till I slept.
Woke up this morning feeling a bit better, as a precaution I took two more pills after breakfast, I am now going to see how I go. I dont like dosing up on medication all the time, I'm never sure it if its just numbing the pain rather than actually curing it.

4 Comments:

At Fri Aug 05, 02:58:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Chelle!! What are we going to do with you? Those sessions of Pat's are like a red rag to a bull ;)

You still have 2 and a bit weeks till Noosa? Rest assured that a 2-week taper won't kill you so take it wasy OK!

 
At Fri Aug 05, 04:28:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope your back has improved, Chelle; you're right though, in saying that pills only numb the pain, not cure it; but if they help & you give your back some well earned rest, no harm in taking them for a short time. Good luck at Noosa!

 
At Fri Aug 05, 08:47:00 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Sounds awful - hope you're feeling better. Medication has its place but you also need to fix whatever is the cause of the problem. Fingers crossed for Noosa.

 
At Sat Aug 06, 10:15:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Chelle this is outrageous. DO NOT RUN in the B2B on Sunday. DO NOT come to Pats this week.

Look after yourself mate or you will be in traction for months!!!

Blimey I hope you get this sorted out that sort of pain doesn't sound like something I would like to put up with.

Take care matey and give us updates. xxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home