Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 2 August 2005

a not so quick time trial

Its taken me a day to write up this particular entry, as I have been considering what I can blame my 3kTT performance on… shoes are fine, clothes didn’t rub, wasn’t raining, didn’t feel ill, leg is almost feeling normal again.. not really sure what happened on Tuesday morning, but it wasn’t what was planned!

The first K wasn’t too bad, 4.12 at the turnaround point which had me on target for the 12.45 I had as my A-goal and to beat my previous PB (from two attempts ago). I reached 1500meters in 6.18, perfectly on track still and continued to climb the small hill and head towards the 2km turnaround point. I reached that at 8.38, over, but basically all good. Someone must have stolen my legs between the 2km and 3km markers and replaced them with a complete non-runner pair; despite encouragement from Matt, Jo, Glenda and a whole heap of the guys at the finish line I couldn’t drag myself there under 13mins, let alone under 12.45. A disappointing morning, which I can only put down to a reduction in K’s recently while I’ve been trying to get my leg better and just a bad run on the day. Not much else to say about it really, except more work needed!!

6 Comments:

At Wed Aug 03, 12:28:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Chelle. You haven't done a lot of running since your leg problem and certainly very little speed work - it's probably a good thing too because you don't want to push your leg too much before it's ready. Keep smiling Chelle - your speed will come back, I promise! J

 
At Wed Aug 03, 12:33:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Not enough Goodwill Bridge repeats obviously ;)

Jen's right - you need to recover properly from the leg injury. It'll take time and a bit of hard work - which will make your next PB all the sweeter

 
At Wed Aug 03, 05:18:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

I think all of us were in someway disappointed with this months TT Chelle. I think with so many races on at the moment and us still coming back from recovery - it was always going to be a tester.

Not to mention all the runners out there still increasing their mileage and doing races as well (Tesso!!) so no wonder we are all contemplating new legs!

 
At Wed Aug 03, 07:44:00 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I think that you're all wrong about needing lots of hard work... Lots of hard fun is more in order :-)

It'll all come back. Just keep enjoying it.

sfG

 
At Wed Aug 03, 09:40:00 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

You don't need lots more work... You need lots more fun! Don't stress. It'll come back. Just keep enjoying it :-)

sfG

 
At Thu Aug 04, 04:14:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Chelle, don't be disappointed! Have a look at what you achieved in that first 1500m.

I'm particularly impressed that you managed the third 500m in 2:06 which means you were consitent up until that point. Just about everybody else slows down in that third 500m, so well done.

Seems to me the speed is still there. Once the leg is totally better and you can get back into the long runs the endurance will return and you'll be posting a PB every month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home