Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 24 July 2005

Only an okay run, but placed all the same

5km Jetty 2 Jetty this morning to look forward to, I had not been feeling confident about it for the past couple of days, so decided to take the pressure of a goal time of 22.30 off and just run it sub 25mins... of course, its all very well saying this, but when you're at the start line and the end is just 5km away, all you really want to do is get there as quick as possible!! :)

The first K was hard, but I always find it a struggle to get my pace and I hit the 1K marker in 4.20, not my quickest by a long way but on target. I prepared to settle in to my pace and keep those splits up. It never really happened though, I couldn't seem to just switch off, relax and enjoy the run. The 2K marker came up at 8.50, and that was representative of things to come really. At the 2.5km turnaround I got bunched up with the 50min 10km finishers (as usual, a large bunch), that combined with the headwind and hill, although Pats sessions are obviously doing my favours because I did manage to run up the hill and pick quite a few people off brought me home in a disappointing 23.27. Disappointed more because I know I should have easily been a minute faster, than because I didnt try hard.. it was just one of those days where the legs didnt want to play ball!

Despite all that, I still managed to claim third place in my category and had a really enjoyable morning. All good practice, and hopefully a few more weeks and I will be 100% injury free again and back up to speed :)

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 25, 09:04:00 am, Blogger miners said...

Hey, that's even better when you can place without trying ;)

 
At Mon Jul 25, 02:36:00 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Don't worry about not doing as well (it was a pretty good time still) - some days as you say the legs just don't want to play ball. I find that usually after one or a couple of those runs I then run a PB! So the best is yet to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home