Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 19 July 2005

30 secs on.... 30 secs off....

Back in to it this morning, probably about 75%, but how much did I want to be putting in 100%!! My legs just wouldn't turn over fast enough though, I have definitely lost some speed over the last couple of weeks, guess there's nothing for it but to work my way back to it again.

Todays session was at New Farm and was 30 secs on, 30secs off, ending with what was meant to be an extra set but turned in to just a 1 min run. I did find that towards the end of the session I was feeling better, so perhaps I'm just taking longer to get warmed up than usual.

Think I am going to give myself tomorrow off, I want to get back to 100% asap and I think the only way to do this is slowly but surely.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jul 22, 03:50:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

I wouldn't be too worried about losing speed after a lay off. Speed can be easily and quickly regained.

What you should be worried about is losing aerobic fitness. This takes longer to get back and is only achieved by slow aerobic running. I would put more emphasis on this than speed in the intial comeback period from a lay off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home