Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 21 July 2005

Surges with hills and then more hills!!

One of my favourite sessions (yes, I am sadistic!) is the hill work on the Goodwill Bridge, not because I find it easy, but because I feel like I am really really working hard and pushing myself.

This morning Pat decided to start the session with 2.5min out, 2.5min back n a different route to usual; this route took in 2 hills in each direction. I found as with Tuesdays session, I took a while to warm up and it wasn't until the second set of surges I was beginining to feel comfortable and find my stride. The session then ended with hill work on the Bridge. I just love accelerating around the roundabout thing and powering up the bridge (even if I do slow down considerably half way!).

Today brings me to two sessions this week, the first time in a month. Feeling a bit niggly and sore, hopefully that will subside and not get worse.

The plan for tomorrow is a 40min run, but I may reduce this to 30mins and do it in the evening to allow more recovery time. No run Saturday as I'm taking part in the Jetty 2 Jetty on Sunday, just the 5km so not to aggrevate anything.

3 Comments:

At Fri Jul 22, 12:04:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Sorry, where is the hill on the Goodwill Bridge? Come visit me sometime and I'LL show you a hill! ;) In fact, didn't you visit Port a while back?

(you banjo players are getting a bit soft up there - little hills, no webcams for your drink nights, I have no idea what will be next ...)

 
At Fri Jul 22, 02:23:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I'm with you Chelle, I just love doing those Goodwill Bridge reps. I would've been more than happy to do another 10 of them yesterday .... well, maybe 5 .... okay 2 ;-)

It must be an awesome site for those pedestrians strolling to work from the other direction to see 30 or 40 crazy runners powering towards them!

Good luck in the 5k on Sunday.

 
At Sat Jul 23, 07:59:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hey, I just realised that post looked a little silly to anyone who didn't know that it was the Goodwill Bridge that cost ME my sub-90 at the LWF Half.

I wouldn't really dare have a go at you banjo-players now would I? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home