Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 9 August 2005

The sensible option (for a change)

Its not often it happens, but today was an exception and I decided to do the sensible thing and not go to Pats. Slightly influenced by the fact it was hills, though not because I don’t like the hill session, I do, but because out of all sessions this one probably has the largest impact and is most likely to cause a flare up in my leg. After running B2B fairly hard on Sunday and then playing Touch on Monday, I decided that coupled with a Wednesday long run of 50mins and a Thursday session, I was really going to be doing myself a favour with a morning off from a hard session. I’m intending on going out this evening for a gentle 5km, there’s a couple of rolling hills near to my house that I might even take in to compensate a bit for not doing 15mins of hard hills this morning!

I have also, sadly come to a decision that this season will be my last Touch season. I often don’t get home from work until 7pm, couple that with 3 mornings at 5am during the week and throw a couple of 8pm/9pm Touch sessions in and it just becomes a bit much… something has to go, and I’ve decided it’ll have to be the Touch team!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home