Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 30 April 2005

Longest run so far - 17km

Set off this morning from the Regatta with the usual crowd, I'd already decided today was going to be the longest run yet at 17km and worked out the route for it. I was to go along the river, in to town, over the Story Bridge, Victoria Bridge and back to the Regatta for breaky.
The weather was perfect, dry and cool. I soon found my pace and settled in nicely, about 5.30min as I didnt want to go out too fast not having covered so far before. At the Story Bridge I usually find myself tiring, but not today, I honestly felt like I could have picked up the pace and raced back to the Regatta. Two weeks earlier, about 3km from the Regatta I'd found myself really hurting and it had been quite a struggle to finish, today however I was almost wanting to sprint!! I felt strong, fresh and like I could do the whole thing again if I'd wanted too! The run was a great confidence booster for my GC half campaign, I know a lot can happen on the day and there is still another 4.3km to go till I get to my target but I'm feeling happy about it all now.

After breakfast I went down to Intraining and got myself a second pair of shoes, I feel like a real runner now, a pair to rotate with! 3km time trial on Tuesday, so they'll probably sit in the box until Wednesday now, but I'm looking forward to taking them out then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home