Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Wednesday 15 June 2005

Early morning run.... 100meters :(

Back to being an unhappy runner again today. This mornings plan was a 50min slow run, so I got up at 5.15am, ignored the fact it was pelting it down outside and got dressed to run. My leg had been giving me a bit of pain while walking since Friday, but running on it (Saturday and Tuesday) had not been a problem. Well that all changed this morning. I managed about 50meters before the pain made me stop. I tried stretching it out a bit more (while getting soaking wet) and running slowly, I managed about another 20meters before I couldn’t go any further and had to give up and walk back to the house. Even the walk was painful. As it was still only 5.30am I got back in to bed, my whole leg was throbbing at this point, even without any weight on it. I am not happy with this discovery! L

I’ve been having a sharp pain at the top of my leg since Friday, originally I thought it I’d just trapped the nerve or something and it would come good, I managed 20km’s on it Saturday morning no problem, it was a bit sore Saturday afternoon when walking around, but fine Sunday morning and all day Sunday & Monday. It was fine for my run Tuesday morning, so I assume whatever it is was triggered off by the hill session, as it was very painful all day yesterday just walking around. My muscles don’t hurt as such, just the ankle & knee joints & just below the hip… will have to see how I go walking around for the rest of the day… fingers crossed!!

3 Comments:

At Wed Jun 15, 02:32:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh Chelle :-( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Hopefully a day or two of rest will fix all. You have been training pretty hard of late - that hill session yesterday was a killer!

Take care now.

 
At Wed Jun 15, 10:34:00 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Chelle,

If it hurts that much (and I know how you feel having to limp back home) go straight to the physio - do not pass go, do not collect $200, ...

Isn't it horrible lying in bed and it *still* hurts :-(

sfG

 
At Thu Jun 16, 11:19:00 am, Blogger miners said...

oh - be careful with all this finger-crossing of yours. You'll end up with 'another' inury.

Take it easy Chelle - remember the long run was only a couple of days ago and it does take your body time to recover. Hopefully, that's all it really is - just a little (albeit painful) reminder. AS sfg said though, don't avoid getting it looked at if it hangs around

 

Post a Comment

<< Home