Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 9 June 2005

(not a) graphic account of hard morning session!

Well, a certain part-time member of the running group this morning (you know who you are :)) asked for a graphic account of the full session, if I wasn’t still tired from it I probably would oblige, so instead, in brief;
Warm-up run from Southbank to Botanical Gardens via Victoria Bridge & Edward St. After some run-throughs the real fun began! 4 mins effort, followed by 30sec SR, followed by 2mins effort with 30sec SR, turnaround and repeat back to the start. The when at the start another 4 min effort, this time 2 mins out and 2mins back culminating by running up the hill at the river stage. Phew! Jog back to the Ship Inn via Victoria Bridge.

I can't believe there are only 6 remaining morning sessions till GC now. On Saturday I have my longest run to date planned, I’m hoping to do 20km/2 hours slow and easy (still on “looking after knee week!”) before the tapering starts next week.

Been giving my goal time for the GC some thought also, my original plan was to do anything sub 2hours (1.59.59 was fine!) but I’ve been given a pacing calculator and I’m not sure anymore now what to aim for!

5 Comments:

At Thu Jun 09, 03:36:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Chelle I would be disappointed if you didn't aim for at least 1:50. Given all your recent times....for sure you will do it. Then again make sure you put no stress on yourself to do a certain time - enjoy it all.

When you are running and feeling the pain...just think how big your smile will be at the after party telling everyone what a brilliant time you did. Go for it!!!!

 
At Thu Jun 09, 07:05:00 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

If you can stay injury free, I would imagine you would have no problem what so ever going well well under the 2 hours.

 
At Thu Jun 09, 08:34:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Somebody's gotta keep the country running .... so to speak.

Signed
A Certain Part Time Member (who HAD to be at her desk at 7am but still managed to do 3/4 of the session)

PS Good work Chelle! I'm almost jealous I missed that last bit.

 
At Thu Jun 09, 11:43:00 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Chelle,

Just get to the end, look at the time and say "gee, that's faster than I was expecting..." :-) :-)

PBs are for later. Enjoy the first one

sfG

 
At Sat Jun 11, 04:23:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

With all that hard training behind you, Chelle, You WILL run well! Creepy, how close it's getting to Gold Coast!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home