Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 11 June 2005

Last long run before taper..

I was really keen to put in a good effort this morning as it was the longest run I would do until the GC, I feel the nearer I can get to half distance before GC the more confident I will be in running the half on the day.

Original aim was to run 20km slowly at 6min/k's, but didn't happen! The first 10km's were run fairly well paced, at the end of the floating walk way we picked up the pace a bit to get over the hill and on to the Story Bridge. Between 12-15km I was feeling good, by the time we got to Southbank though my legs were starting to hurt, must have been knowing that the Victoria Bridge was almost there, as soon as this was cleared it was a home run. 20km done in 1.46.30. The intention wasn't to time it for speed but to compare to the run I'd done two weeks previously. Felt pretty good after the run, will be interesting to see if I can say the same tomorrow though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home