Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 16 June 2005

Easy morning session

This morning session 4x1km at 3kmTT pace, well that was what it was meant to be, but I could still feel that pull on the top of my leg. I explained it to Pat & he agreed taking it easy (and the ol' tennis ball massage) would be the go.

Unfortunately 'taking it easy' is harder to do that it sounds and on the first km I found myself finishing in 4.22... On the next Km I ran alongside a girl who was aiming for sub-4.50 splits and offered to pace her. Helped her (I hope!) and me to keep to a decent time. The times would have been 4.30/4.40/4.45 I think, I felt really 'un-worked' afterwards but my leg felt no more painfully that it had at the beginning.

I've sat around all day waiting for the pain to get worse (as it did after Tuesdays run), but so far so good, just the same niggle as was there this morning. All being well I'll do my longrun Saturday, but if not I might go for a slightly shorter/slower one on Sunday to just allow that extra day. TT on Tuesday, so want to be fit for that! :)

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 17, 08:52:00 am, Blogger miners said...

Well that's good news Chelle - but seriously, don't do too much if you feel any niggles. You'll be fine for GC on the base you already have. Take it wasy with the distance for the long run, and take it easy with the pace for the TT. You can worry about setting NEW goals once you've toed the line for GC, ok?

did that sound like I was scolding you? ;)

 
At Fri Jun 17, 01:04:00 pm, Blogger Matty said...

Chelle - hang in there mate. I had inflammation of the connective tissue at the top of my feet below my ankle, 24 days before the Gold Coast last year and I still got to the line ok, albeit with an easier taper than initially planned.

You've done all the hard work, mate. Just concentrate on keeping that bod of yours in one piece, ok :)

PM

 
At Fri Jun 17, 04:52:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Take it easy, Chelle, & don't push yourself into making that pain worse; take care with the TT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home