Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 28 August 2005

missing the run

Four days, have gone by since the dreaded ITB diagnosis, the days in brief are as followed;

Wednesday - all stretches completed
Thursday - ITB specific stretches and a 30min walk
Friday - all stretches completed
Saturday - ITB stretches completed and a 30min walk
Sunday - all stretches completed, 45 min walk, 20min of pilates video.


I have been applying anti-inflam gel as recommended by the physio.
Today I bought a pilates video. Having done pilates weekly in the UK I can see where a lot of the stretches I've been given for recovery are moves in pilates. Unfortunately the gym I now go to only has one session a week (10am on a Tuesday) as it doesnt seem as popular here as in the UK, and according to my physio Melbourne and Sydney yet. I am looking in to finding a class in the city to go to at lunch, as other than my posture I believe it would help my running as well. In the meantime I am going to try and do the DVD a couple of times a week to get back on track!

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 29, 09:03:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Good to see you are doing the right thing with all the stretches and stuff Chelle.

Is water running an option? It can be boring, but it does help keep the fitness levels up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home