Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Wednesday 24 August 2005

No run; went to the physio (and wished I hadnt)

I decided to not run this morning, seemed a bit silly going for a run then a couple of hours later rocking up at the physio complaining about a sore knee! Probably just as well I didnt as I've been told I have ITB. He gave me some ultra-sound and a heap of stretching exercises. No running for a week, other than the allowance of one gentle 5km at the weekend. No fair, I want to run further than 5km, I was getting all geared up for a Mt Cootha trail run next weekend as well..... best play by the rules though and get stretching I suppose!!!

6 Comments:

At Wed Aug 24, 03:41:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear about the ITB Chelle. But play by the rules and you will be back on the road in no time at all! J

 
At Wed Aug 24, 04:15:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Its almost a relief to know exactly what the problem is Chelle. Just think of all the good advice you can get from previous ITB sufferers like Clairie. Look how well she has come back from her injury.

Take it easy now. Shame you're missing that trail run but Mt Coot-tha will still be there when you've recovered :-)

 
At Wed Aug 24, 06:22:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

mate....talk to me. I'll tell you all the stuff they say you should be doing, and then I'll let you in on the secret of all the stuff they NEVER tell you that you need to know!!!!

 
At Thu Aug 25, 10:46:00 am, Blogger miners said...

Hope it turns out to be a minor case and nothing that keeps you away from running for too long Chelle. Of course, you could always just go back to fiji for another week or two to recover ...

 
At Thu Aug 25, 11:37:00 am, Blogger Matty said...

Damn it Chelle!!! Hope you get well soon Mate. And don't forget to have a chat with Langy as well!!

M

 
At Thu Aug 25, 08:34:00 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Take it easy Chelle - ITB probs can be a bugger. Easy does it and you'll be back running soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home