Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 21 March 2006

Back at Pats

The 4.40am alarm was a bit of a rude awakening this morning, probably would have been more rude if the puppy hadn't had a barking fit and a cat next door at 1am (2am and 4am!) but still, this morning was the start of the 15week countdown to the GC and not even the drops of rain that appeared on my windscreen as I reversed out of the garage were going to stop me from going, nor was the fact I didnt realise Mr Chelle had left me with no fuel and I needed to stop for some, or that the Inner City Bypass that I normally took was shut (for a murder investigation no less) or that my trying to get through Spring Hill to Southbank at 5.30am meant I took a wrong turning and had to do a big left, left, left to get back on track, oh and so by the time I arrived there was only half a dozen of the A Team hanging around the Ship Inn. Drat. Keeping up with the A Team (not that I would have managed to do that for more than 50meters) was out of the question and so a quick hi and I was off playing catch-up to New Farm.
So proud, not only did only two of the A Team pick me up, I even managed to catch up to the second group and made it to the floating walk way with the main group.

The task at hand was fartlek, 1min fast, 1 min jog, then repeat for 30 & 15 seconds x3, with a finale of the monster hill. I made it about 3/4 way up the hill and decided to walk the final 15meters, something to do with the last words my physio had said to me (dont do hills yet) made me stop!

Anyway, felt good all day and very proud for starting my official journey to Marathondom!


PS: Did I mention there are still ten days left of the month and I just passed last months Ks :D

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 21, 08:54:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

And what a great journey its going to be Chelle!

 
At Wed Mar 22, 09:10:00 am, Blogger miners said...

fantastic commitment in every sense of the word to get out there for that run Chelle. Great to see how much GC has become a focus for you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home