Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 17 March 2006

Graduation and a weeks catch-up

Tuesday
After pulling up okay from Sundays BRRC 10km I decided to head off on a slightly longer loop on Tuesday morning, one that incorporates a couple of large rolling hills at the start to really get the heart rate up. I think both puppy & I found it a bit odd running so much of the time in the dark, those mornings are really feeling more and more wintery now - he was darting from side to side trying to work out the noises he couldnt see, and I was just struggling to not fall over him while he was doing this (next time I get a white pup!). Anyway, the run went really well and at a very easy and comfortable pace.

Thursday
Back to the normal racecourse run this morning, while I was running I was trying to remember how it felt just 10 weeks ago when I first did it; it hurt so badly and I felt so very slow and plod-plod like. I think things are certainly starting to look up.


Friday - Graduation Day
My physio appointment today was great, the ultrasound showed how much stronger my muscles have become and how I am improving at locking on the right ones for running, in fact so good was my session today, that my physio officially sent me packing without a return appointment. I have graduated to running with strapping, leaving alone large hills and a lot of speed, but other than that, the world is my running track!


I have a busy running related weekend planned. Tomorrow morning MJ and I are going to check out the Intraining sale, then in the afternoon we are going to have a go at the X-country, I havent done x-country since high school, so that could be interesting! In keeping with the leaving steep hills alone idea, on Sunday morning I am going to aim for a 75-90min run from the Regatta, finishing in time for everyone else returning back there from their Mt Co'otha runs for the Commonwealth Games Marathon and breaky :)

1 Comments:

At Sat Mar 18, 12:07:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh that's such great news about the physio dumping you!!! Congrats.

You girls will love the x-country. I did a couple of races last year and it sure is different to road racing. Are you running for a team/club?

Catch you at The Regatta Sunday morn if not lurking around the Intraining sale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home