Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 14 February 2006

Catch-up blog

Saturday 11th,
I woke up on Saturday morning and couldnt believe how dark it was for 5am. Two minutes later it was bucketing down with rain, so that explained a lot. Last time I didnt go running due to heavy rain I was told there wasnt a drop in the city, so I decided to continue with my plan of meeting at the Regatta.

Numbers were down slightly, probably to do with the weather. Two of my usual running buddies werent there and my original plan of a slow 15km went out the window as I didnt think I would be able to go that far by myself. I hooked up with another girl there and suggested I was going to do about 12km. After the first couple of km's though I was struggling, I was only wanting to run at a (too) slow pace. I promised myself I'd keep up for 15minutes and then let them go. I chatted to Tesso for a while which helped, but my legs just wouldnt turn and I slowed right down as I didnt want to stuggle. Luckily I'd brought my mp3-player with me and so turned that on and got lost in my music.

The group started stretching out ahead of me, Tesso was still in the gardens when I got there (I hope you werent waiting for me, sorry if you were!) and then she continued on down the river while I opted for a loop of the gardens. When I got to the Goodwill bridge I toyed with the idea of going over to Southbank, but then decided to do a few bridge reps a la Pat style before heading back along to Regatta. Knee gave me a bit of pain on the way back, hopefully just a blip. Due to see the physio on Friday again for a progress report.


Tuesday, 14th
No running today, will make up for it on Thursday and try and head out for a cruisey hour, rather than my usual 35-40mins.

2 Comments:

At Wed Feb 15, 08:35:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

It was great to have you to run with for a while Chelle, I'm just pleased I wasn't with you when you started doing Goodwill Bridge reps - crazy girl!

Good luck with the physio Friday.

 
At Wed Feb 15, 12:43:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Great effort in getting out in that weather Chelle - I too hope it's just a blip with your knee pain :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home