Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 5 March 2006

Long Saturday Run

Well, definitely getting and feeling better in my runs I think. Four of the girls headed up Mt Cootha, but keeping in mind the 'year of the sensible runner' I opted for the usual trip along the bike path towards the city... I was feeling great and comfortably managed to keep up with Liz & Liz for the first 15mins. Just after the 15min point we passed the second water tap and I stopped for a quick drink, the others were heading off for varying 17km upwards runs so I plugged in my mp3 players and started the solo thing. The plan was to head up towards the base of the Story Bridge and then turn back, when I got to the base I decided rather than heading straight back I would do a bit of a weave around the City before re-entering the Botanicals. When I got to the gardens I felt a bit tight around my knee so treated myself to a water stop and a one minute walking/stretching break, this seemed to do the trick and I begun my run back along the bike way to the Regatta. I had just got to Coro Drive when Liz and a couple others ran past me on their way back, this was okay, rather than trying to keep up with them I plodded along, it was a bit of a struggle though as their was quite a strong headwind and I opted for another one minute walking break to help ease some of the struggle. By the time I got back to the Regatta I had run just over 14km, felt pretty happy with that.

4 Comments:

At Sun Mar 05, 10:02:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Well done on your long run Chelle. 14km sounds like you are out of the woods and well and truly a 'runner'.

Keep up the stretches and listening to your body - ie stop when you need to.

Also try to do some of your running off the concrete. The worst thing I find about the coro drive run from the Regatta is the concrete kills the legs. I run just on the side where I can to ease the impact.

See you at speed session soon then heh?

 
At Sun Mar 05, 04:32:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Another great comeback run under the belt Chelle. I was a little worried when I read the start of your post about Mt Coot-tha, should have known you'd be sensible.

You should be feeling happy about the run too. That's no mean feat keeping up with the Liz's for 15 minutes, well done!

 
At Sun Mar 05, 05:59:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Fantastic effort Chelle. You are certainly 'back' now. Well done!

 
At Sun Mar 05, 07:59:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Nice run Chelle - just stay away from Tesso and Clairie otherwise they will have you doing repeats of Mt Cootha quicker than wink ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home