Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 10 February 2006

Just a small one

Thursday morning and back out on the road after three mornings of just walking the dog. Just a small run, it was meant to be 5km but I wasnt thinking and turned too early to come home so it would have been more like 4km. Nevermind, I've promised myself I'm not going to overdo it this year and I'm sure one less K won't hurt.

On other news I'm considering being a pacer for the Brissie Half. I'd have to do a really slow group and would treat it just as a long training run.. thought it might be fun to do though and have a bit of confidence after Caboolture, as if I can run 19km in two hours with only 3 weeks proper training, then I should be able to run a half in, say, 2.10/2.20 with 3months training.... thats the theory anyway, hope I dont let anyone down!! eeek!

2 Comments:

At Fri Feb 10, 09:25:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh Chelle, pacing for the half - what a fantastic idea! You'd be great at it, not just keeping the crew on pace but keeping them motivated along the way.

Its a wonderful experience, you'll get so much out of it .... including a balloon ;-)

 
At Fri Feb 10, 09:51:00 am, Blogger miners said...

Hope all goes well in the lead-up to GC for you. Pacing would be a fantastic job for someone with your personality - just don't go and get yourself injured again! ;)

Are you lining up for Brissy Half?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home