Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 25 May 2006

Week after Warwick

Its hard to know what to post when the previous post was about Warwick, its like I'm making it a distant memory, and it was such good fun... anyway nostalgia over and on to the past few days...


Monday: definite rest day. No soreness though which was a (nice) surprise

Tuesday: Opted out of Pats this morning, glad too, although not sore, during the 30min run I did do my legs were heavy and tired still.
On Tuesday afternoon I went for a massage, I was surprised by how tight my left leg was, not to mention how much all her stretching hurt it. I think I must be nursing my right leg still a little, though I dont think there is too much need now so need to focus on being more 'balanced'.

Wednesday: My God, can it get any colder. In a description a co-worker of my running gear this morning (gloves, skins, long top, hat) he said he thought I would look like "the hooded one from South Park", thats probably pretty much how I felt too. I left home at 5am and was back before 6am and it was fully light. I wasnt going fast, but I was moving, didnt seem to get me any warmer though!

Thursday: Back at Pats this morning for the usually hard session before a TT. 2/1/500m/1km with 1min SR. For someone who has an injury Tess was on fire this morning and I was only just keeping up with her to begin with. My legs felt really fresh today, probably due to the massage, but just as well as the plan for the weekend is 3 hours and I can guarantee they'll be tired enough after that without them needing to be tired before it.

2 Comments:

At Thu May 25, 02:56:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I hope he's not talking about Kenny from South Park, you know what happens to him most episodes!!!

We might have been neck and neck at the beginning of the session today but by that last rep I couldn't see you for dust! Well done.

 
At Sat May 27, 04:23:00 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

It must be a conspiracy - my left hammy is tight, too! Maybe it was to do with the cambre of the road in Warwick or something :)

It is bloody freezing in the mornings isnt it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home