Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 9 May 2006

3km TT - take two

Well, second time trial this year this morning and a slight change to the course. Rather than 3 x 1km, we had an out and back 1.5km, I much prefered this, I find something psychologically positive about running in the direction of home!

My last TT was 13.57 (I think) and my aim today was to go as close to 13.30 as possible. I worked out I would need 4.30's for this. I reached the first K in 4.20, the second K in 8.42 and finished at 13.07. A very pleasing 50 seconds faster than last months, and only 18 seconds off my all time pb. Happy little bunny I am for sure :)

5 Comments:

At Tue May 09, 12:53:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats Chelle!!!! That's absolutely fantastic. Nice consistent kms too.

How good is it that all those long runs aren't affecting you speed, in fact they seem to be doing the opposite. Sounds to me like you will peak just at the right time for the marathon.

Happy days :-)

 
At Tue May 09, 01:03:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

woo hoo!! Perhaps the steady pacing job last Sunday helped you keep the consistency for the TT?

 
At Tue May 09, 01:45:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Yeeeha that is some PB Chelle - great job and a very nice time ;-)

 
At Tue May 09, 04:36:00 pm, Blogger Clairie said...

Well done this morning Chelle.Good to see you out there and sorry, I meant to say congrats on your long run too!!!

You ran strong and didn't look to be overtaxing yourself so there is definitely room for more PBs.

How on earth did you know where the km markers where? I just ran out and back and hoped I was on course :) Was good to be running in different than normal to avoid all the congestion.

 
At Tue May 09, 09:40:00 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

13:07 is getting back there Chelle. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home