Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Friday 5 May 2006

Monday - Friday

I cant remember the last time my legs have hurt so baddly after a run as they did after the Brissie Marathon. I have no idea why either, but I do know I need to find a better way of reducing DOMS because it was just not funny!

On the Monday I walked to the local Gloria Jeans to meet a couple of friends with the intention of getting my legs moving a bit. In the afternoon I decided to take my puppy down to the local park, I thought a gentle run would be good, I thought wrong. I literally cried out loud when I took my first few running steps, not aided by the fact my dog was pulling me faster than I wanted to go. I did 4km, and although it got easier after the first one it was slow and sore to be sure.

Tuesday was Pats, again the first km was sore by then I started to warm up. I ran with Sarah who was also suffering a bit from the weekend and we just did an easy 50mins.

Wednesday was 7km's with the puppy, slow but feeling better.

Thursdays was Pats and I think I had the best session ever. It was 2.5mins out and back x2, then hill reps, then over the bridge and up to the lamppost at the top by the Ship Inn. Even after the session I felt like I could keep going, and it wasnt that I hadnt pushed myself, I had, harder than normal in fact, it was just that I was having one of those days when you feel invicible almost and like you could run forever.

Friday is rest day as MJ and I are planning on doing a decent 2.5hours tomorrow morning.....

2 Comments:

At Fri May 05, 09:54:00 am, Blogger 2P said...

Maybe because you were running a bit slower than usual and the emphasis was on different muscles?

Doesn't seem to have done you any harm judging by Thursday - don't ya just love those days?

 
At Fri May 05, 10:46:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

I was thinking what 2P said too. Also, there's a lot of concrete on that Brisse Half course.

But hey, a couple of crappy days may have paid off by the sounds of yesterdays session. I love that one, especially the bridge run at the end with all the pedestrians starting in disbelief :-)

Enjoy your long run with MJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home