Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 4 June 2006

2 runs in 2 days = 1 PB!

I suppose I should cover Saturday off first, my new friend tells me it went like this;
72mins
13.14km
Avg: 5.29/km



I ran from home at about 7.30am, out to where Little Ms was playing netball. Mr Chelle was there with puppy and after netball practise I got a lift home. A conservative run just to get some K's done due to Doomben tomorrow.


Sunday, 4th June - Doomben 10,000



I was very keen to get a new pb this morning. My current one was set on this course 12months ago and stood at 47.30. 47mins was the target, I was working on 4.40's to get there. Something went wrong... I went a bit faster than the plan :)

The race started quite swiftly, a bit too swiftly for Tara who sped past me at 500meters and I later found out had still been stuffing her bag away from the start line when the gun went off! I was thoroughly enjoying myself, I felt controlled and running as fast as I could to be sustainable over 10km. My first couple of K's came up at 4.27 & 4.31, I figured by half way I would be dropping down to 4.40's and maybe slower so I was happy with my 47mins target.

A veteran (well I've done it once before) of this course now, I knew not to be deceived by the double-up of markers due to a slightly longer loop for the 1/2 Marathon. At about 5km I felt like I was slowing, by 6km I knew I was, at 7km I was thinking 'its just s 3k TT, go for it!'. I picked up person after person at about 8km (saw Hannah on her way to cracking sub-2, as well as a very strong looking Tess, plus heaps of PCRGers). At 9km I was wanting to get to the end, as I ran in to the stadium Langy was on his way out and told me to sprint.. so I did. Gun time (also watch time, not sure why I started it then) was 46.32, almost a whole minute off my pb. Will have to wait and see if they issue a chip time or not, I was quite near the front though and I doubt it will have too much impact.

Anyway, since I know them, splits were;
4.27
4.31
4.34
4.34
4.42
4.43
4.41
4.31
4.42
4.36

Ave: 4.36
New PB: 46.32 - TBC
Blog: changed to pink in honour of new 'go faster' pink shoes ;-)

PPS: - I lost my tables when I changed template... can someone help me with the code to put them in again purrrlease!?

5 Comments:

At Sun Jun 04, 06:47:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Sensational! Congrats Chelle on your latest PB. Not long now til your big day at GCM. All your hard work has certainly paid off!

 
At Sun Jun 04, 08:29:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

You have been running well lately but still that is a great and well deserved result! Yeah for you.

Big PB!

Congratulations.

 
At Sun Jun 04, 10:15:00 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great looking splits there Chelle! Well done! (If you right click on my blog and go and select "source code" you will be able to copy all my tables etc.)

 
At Mon Jun 05, 09:15:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Yay Chelle!!!!!! Huge congrats.

That's an awesome time. And pretty consistent splits too. When you take into account all the twists and turns on the course some of the kms are bound to be a few seconds slower than others.

Pity you had to zip off aftewards, I wasn't sure what time you ran. Tho I guess there was no point in you hanging around for the random prizes ... what chance of getting the big one two years running.

I have to say it again, things are looking soooooo good for the GCM!


PS Have you put your new PB into a race pace calculator :-)

 
At Mon Jun 05, 04:04:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hey, great new PB chelle! And great new colours on the blog too (although we need photos of these new shoes too)

sorry - not sure how to put tables "back" in :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home