Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 1 June 2006

Go go garmin girl!


Well, personally I blame Tess. She was nice enough to lend me her garmin, got me hooked and so then I had to go out and buy my own too. Should probably put in a mention for Mr Chelle also, who was full of encouragement at me spending my money (on something he could use) and with a love of anything slightly techie almost ripped my credit card off me when I said I'd found a good deal for one online.

So, me and Ms Garmin 305 (and puppy) went for a small test run on Wednesday morning, which I should also add I feel was the coldest morning to date so far. I was really hoping to get in more than 60mins this morning, but after spending so long putting on my winter woollies by the time I hit the pavements it was already 5.05am. 55 minutes later, or so Ms Garmin tells me we arrived back home... a little map appeared on the screen as if to prove to me that I had just in fact run a whole loop of the suburb!

Ended all up with 226Km for May, feeling quite happy about that. I guess June will be smaller with a taper, but hopefully those K's will keep me going when the infamous 35km wall hits!


Thursday 1st June.
Pats session was a 50minute run followed by a no watch 1km. Tara, Tess, Mark and I ran down to New Farm. Tara and I stopped just before the 27minute turnaround and stretched a little before heading back. My new friend told me we were running at 4.55/k on the way back, legs felt a bit sore and I wondered how I ever manage to go faster. As if to make it all okay I did 4.29 on my 1 km no watch, 11 seconds off what I'd written down.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jun 01, 03:39:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, nice new toy Chelle. I didn't even notice it this morning, guess that's the problem with long sleeve shirts. Besides, Tara and I were hoping to finally spot your other new piece of jewellery.

 
At Thu Jun 01, 05:37:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

ooooh - noice red bling.

Hey, great total for the month little miss :)

 
At Thu Jun 01, 05:45:00 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hehe tell Mr Chelle to get his own!!

Nice monthly total Chelle - looking good ;-)

 
At Fri Jun 02, 10:28:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

That has to be the best running gadget every invented!

 
At Sun Jun 04, 03:43:00 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

omg... I sooo want one! Red makes you go faster!

Mind pointing me at the deal online? (I've spent far too much money this month on running gear but I'm curious!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home