Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 6 June 2006

T-minus 7 speed sessions

Yikes, 7 more speed sessions until the big day. Yikes again. I'm excited though, its so nice to be able to run without needing to take an anti-inflam with my post run sports drink.... I should really be quiet in case I jinx myself :)

This mornings session went quite well. A fairly swift warm-up run with Tara and Tess and then lots of talk about the Doomben 10,000, it must be the event with the most PCRG PB's so far, everyone did so well.
The session this morning was 1min x 8 with anywhere between a 20 & 45sec SR. Then of course there was Gold Coast hill to finish, which I did twice for the first time. A nice speedy warm down run to the Ship Inn.

Last really long run this weekend, then time to think seriously about a race pace plan. The idea was to finish, thats still the plan, its whether I go with the 4 hour pacer or maybe do my own 3.50ish type thing I'm unsure about.... answers on a postcard please!

3 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 11:24:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Another great sess this morning Chelle, all the more reason not to set yourself too soft a goal for the GC.

I'm interested to hear what other people's thoughts are on a plan of attack for you. But remember ultimately it is your decision and you have to be comfortable with it.


PS The postcard's in the mail ;-)

 
At Tue Jun 06, 01:44:00 pm, Blogger Toasty said...

the 4 hour pacer has a name ... sniff ... we are people too

seriously, the best advise I had for my first marathon was .....

break the race into 3rds ... first third hold yourself back, second third just run, last third push yourself ... or as I put it Float, Grind, Grunt!

 
At Tue Jun 06, 03:41:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

good points - I like breaking races up into manageable sections as well - like 500m each

If you're erring on one side or the other of 3:50 .v. 4:00, then I'd run with the 4:00. If you're fit enough, you'll finish sub-4 anyway - if you're not strong enough to stay with the 3:50, you could find yourself back in the 4:30's

Never forget that you're there to finish it. 10 minutes either way won't matter a bit for your first Full. Being in pain, and 1/2-hour+ later than you're expecting will.

Either way, at your age chelle, you'll have countless opportunities to run a better time when you want to :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home