Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Saturday 18 June 2005

Very cold 18km long run

My oh my it was cold this morning, brought me straight back to my UK days! 9C someone mentioned, but with the wind off the water and without any sun the first 15mins of the run were a bit icy to say the least!

The plan for today was 1.40 to be done by leaving Southbank, heading down towards New Farm, a quick lap of New Farm park and then back over the Victoria Bridge to the Ship Inn. I made much better time than I thought I was going to though and actually ended up doing a solo lap of the Botanical Gardens to bring my time up, finishing on 1.37, I would have been happy to have done 90mins as I'm still feeling a bit of tightness at the top of my leg, still, 10 hours after I finished my run (lots of stretching was done afterwards) I am not feeling overly anxious about it. I am having Monday night off Touch (got the excuse of a work dinner) to give myself two days rest before the time trial, which if need be I will take fairly easy.

2 weeks and 1 day to go!

1 Comments:

At Sun Jun 19, 02:55:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Snap! 18km ... cold saturday ... have you been copying my blog posts?

Glad to know the leg is feeling OK - don't push it too hard for the TT. You'll have heaps of time after GC for those - and in fact, a hard 21.1km is perfect training for a short TT a week or so later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home