Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 11 July 2005

Judgement Day - back to the physio

Well, today was the day, back to the physio for a post GC assessment and to see ‘what next’.
The physio blokey told me I was making very good progress, and apart from still being slightly weak on my right side things are shaping up quite nicely. He has sent me away with some advanced (ooooooooooooooooooooooo!) exercises to do to try and really get in to the strengthening work and he also taught me a couple of rather ingenious ways to use a towel to help stretch out properly. I didn’t have to make another appointment today, he said it would be better to run for a week and see how I go, that way I can decide whether I need to go back for more treatment straight away, or if a good stretching and manipulation session in a few weeks would be just as beneficial. As I’ve not been feeling the best recently, he suggested I take it very easy this week, just a couple of light runs… accordingly I think I will go to Pats session tomorrow morning and then aim for either another session of Pats and a small long-run on the weekend, or just a couple of small runs during the week. Whichever way I am looking forward to getting back in to it for sure :)

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 11, 04:52:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

It will be great to have you back at Pat's Chelle! What, with Clairie on the mend as well it will seem like old times :-)

And don't worry, some of us are still recovering from the GC so you will have company while taking it easy.

 
At Mon Jul 11, 10:35:00 pm, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Isn't it a good feeling when the physio says not to make another appointment... :-)

sfG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home