Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 20 September 2005

90/100 & other things....

Well, the results are up for the QLD Run Series, because I did the half at Noosa I didnt qualify for the full series, however for the 5km J2J and 5km RR I did manage to score 90/100, which I was fairly happy with, especially considering my injury run on Sunday of 5min/k for a 5k-er!

The riverrun was a good laugh, I was immediately glad I'd decided to get up and go down there when I started spotting people like Clairie and Jan, whom I havent seen in a month now. At the start of the 5km I caught up with Ciaran, who was also taking it easy after being hit with an achillies injury. Gee, how quickly do you lose fitness though. The km markers were all wrong for the 5km, and I was quite glad really as my stopwatch would have probably laughed at me if it had known how slow I was going! I stuck with Ciaran until about 2.5km, at which point my knee was telling me to hold the pace and go no faster, Ciaran snuck ahead about (coming in about 30seconds ahead in the end) and I carried on towards home. I was suprised by the lack of overtakers considering how slow I was going, perhaps everyone was already ahead of me. Just as I was going on the homeless people bridge someone hit my knee with a hammer. Okay, so noone was actually there, but it felt exactly like that. Gee it hurt something awful!! I managed to get through the final km, it was really good to see MJ on the last bend and Tesso at the finish.
I went home and iced my knee for about an hour and did some serious stretching later on also.

Physio on Monday, the outcome was that I was extremely sore, muscles are very tight but I dont appear to have done anymore damage (just not improved either). Physio kindly strapped up my leg so I can walk and suggested three runs over the next ten days, totalling 10km.

2 Comments:

At Tue Sept 20, 02:12:00 pm, Blogger Tamyka Bell said...

It's good that your physio is telling you to ease off on the training. My personal choice is doing no training for as long as it's hurting, and then no training for that long again. It's hard, but it pretty much ensures COMPLETE recovery. Or you can come water running with Karen and I next Monday night!

 
At Wed Sept 21, 07:26:00 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Take care, its no fun having injuries :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home