Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 27 September 2005

the week gone by....

I thought I’d stick with weekly updates until I get back in the swing of things fully….. so here is this weeks.

In a very cheery mood after just surfing over some of the blog entries from Pats group, a few people with injuries have come back recently and it doesn’t appear to have made a lasting negative impact on them, so hopefully the same will apply to me. My original hope was to get back to Pats next week, but I feel that it will be another fortnight probably before that happens, my goal now is to run 10km pain-free (slow as I like!) and I’ll feel comfortable with re-joining, at the moment I would be left for dust and probably end up injuring myself again in the process!

Anyway, stretches are being continued, I think I would make it at least 5 nights a week for a full stretching session and on the nights I don’t have time, I always try and have a quick session in the morning. Over the past week I have managed 3x2km runs comfortably, the latest being this morning. On Thursday I intend to do 4km, reaching my 10km goal before my next physio appointment and taking it up to the level where I felt most discomfort during the recent RiverRun.

So, overall feeling quite positive at the moment, despite the short distance, it’s all been pain free and at a fairly reasonable (sub 5min anyway) pace…..

4 Comments:

At Tue Sept 27, 05:14:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

So, this is just like a women's weekly then? Glad to hear from you again Chelle, and I really ohpe you won't be too long away from being back to top fitness again. Happens to the best of us unfortunately :(

 
At Tue Sept 27, 05:42:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

I'm glad you're keeping us up to date Chelle.

I'm sure your patience will pay off in the end and you'll be back with us at Pat's in no time, even if you can't go full throttle at first.

And just think, running 2k might not seem like much to you, but its 2k more than the majority of the population are running at the moment :-)

Looking forward to seeing ya soon.

 
At Wed Sept 28, 05:07:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, good to hear that you're OK, Chelle; no fun being injured, but you handle it well & patiently & you'll soon be back to "full throttle"!

 
At Tue Oct 18, 06:15:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hey missy - good to hear from you today. I still want to see those updates coming through though!! How are things with the injury?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home