Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 19 January 2006

No pain, no gain, but no run either

Silly me overslept this morning, only by 10minutes though, so up I got and back in to bed pretty quickly too. Y'ouch very sore legs, very sore lower back. Bad bad BAD body!

At lunchtime I was feeling quite uncomfortable and decided to keep up with my 'softly-softly' approach back in to running and have booked a physio appointment for tomorrow. My lower back has locked up and my legs and itb knee are sore. Probably just re-adjusting to some more regular running, though I have had all the symptoms before and I'd rather know now and try something new if need be. Anyway, still postive about everything, if its all okay tomorrrow I'll be out for a long run on Saturday (already arranged!) and handing in my application for Caboolture... just a glitch I'm hoping :)

Oh, and I have also decided to go back to pilates and found a class that is on at 7.30pm on a Monday night. I use to love pilates, the core strength, relaxation and posture it gave me. I'm hoping this class will be just as good as the one I use to go to.

3 Comments:

At Fri Jan 20, 07:49:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Sorry to hear that you are a bit sore at the moment Chelle. Hopefully you are back to 100% very quickly.

I love pilates as well. Might be time for me to return to class too!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 08:23:00 am, Blogger miners said...

Hope you're not sore for long - remember that you don't want to overdo it in your first few forays back into regular running. Cut your long run short on Saturday if you feel you need to, and worry about a longer run next week instead, ok?

(why do I *always* sound like your mother when i post comments on your blog?)

 
At Fri Jan 20, 09:43:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Good luck with the physio appointment Chelle. Hopefully you are right, and its just the body adjusting again.

Fingers crossed you'll be okay for Caboolture. And remember, there are walkers there as well as runner, so there's no need to miss on being part of the action even if you do have to take it really easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home