Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Tuesday 10 January 2006

A couple of Km's down!

After a long break I have decided to get back in to it, a slight lack of motivation brought on mainly by an even slighter training schedule over the past few months has left me very unfit. After a breakfast at MJ’s on Sunday I have found (some) motivation to get the running shoes back on, starting this morning. I took the puppy out with me, not such a puppy now and he can easily keep up and go the distance, so it was good exercise for both of us. So slow and so painful though, its like I’ve gone back a year. Still this time last year I started running and up until July I was going okay, so hopefully I can replicate and exceed that this year again.

We left home about 5am and headed up over the bridge across the highway, beautiful breeze at the top and all the way along past the racecourse. I think Bongo fancies himself as a race horse the way he was tearing along, I had to almost sprint to keep up at one point. Around the park and back along the other side of road home in a big loop. I think about 6km, nothing spectacular but at least I’m off the mark.

Another run planned for Thursday and then possibly even a running buddies run on Saturday, maybe just 12km to keep it sensible. I think the other runner’s enthusiasm will help a lot with motivation as well.

Oh, and I did manage a run over Christmas in the UK, just the one though as despite gloves, beanie and four layers I was still cold. I never use to run in the UK other than on a treadmill and after spending three UK winters in Australia I’d completely forgotten how cold and dark it could be!!


PS: Can anyone tell me how you put those tables up on your blog so I can keep track of my Km's? :)

4 Comments:

At Tue Jan 10, 09:40:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

It was really good to catch up on Sunday Chelle. And it will be even better when you are running with us again.

Ha ha, I like your quote "just 12k" :-)

Hopefully see you Saturday.

 
At Tue Jan 10, 10:31:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Welcome back Chelle. I'm sure your fitness will come back quickly.

I will email you the code for the table.

Looking forward to following your journey this year

 
At Tue Jan 10, 05:20:00 pm, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Welcome back Blog Team buddy!

 
At Wed Jan 11, 01:57:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

Great to see you back in Oz safe and sound! Hope this year is better for you injury wise, and that we'll get to go for a run together next time I'm up.

I see Jen has sent you some stuff on the tables - they are great at keeping you up to date with where you want to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home