Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Monday 16 January 2006

Saturday Long(ish) run

Saturday, 14th January

Well, finally I did it, got over my long-run fear and met up at 6am Saturday morning. I'd already spoken to a couple of the girls I use to run with and knew they'd be there so that was a good boost. My goal was between 10-12km, so it seemed only right I should do 11km. Lis and I started off, in a slow but reasonable pace, her goal was 12km, so we decided we would run to the Botanic Gardens, she would do a lap or two while I stretched some and then we would do another lap or two together before going back to the Regatta. This is the exact same run (less the laps) that I did on my first Running Buddies meet, one year and one week ago... it almost hurt just as much! The main difference though was afterwards, none of that wiped out for the rest of the day that I experienced last year, a little bit fatigued but not enough to stop me from going for a 40min jog and play down the beach with my puppy that afternoon.

I'm planning on taking things easy this month and have decided not to go back to speed work for a while. The plan is 2x7km during the week and then maybe a 12km run on Saturday and work up from there. Lis is keen to do the Caboolture 6hour relay, so I have agreed to that... I've barely run over an hour in the past four months, let alone 2, but from what I can gather though you can stop and walk, chat, eat etc in between the 500meter laps. We've already agreed we'll be going for no record breaking!


On Sunday I was feeling fine and even managed a bit of pool work in the afternoon

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 16, 08:25:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done on the Saturday run Chelle. Hope to see you at them regularly now.

Caboolture is such a fantastic event, unlike anything else you are likely to do all year. I'm so excited you will be there - you will love it! And I could use the company :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home