Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Thursday 12 January 2006

another one down

Another good 6km this morning, 2 mins quicker than on Tuesday too, though I think that’s more to do with Bongo playing Race Horse and dragging me along when we run around the back of the track than my own personal improvement! Still, I feel good with things, a momentary tightening of my knee passed without returning for the rest of the run, and given the heat and humidity I was pretty pleased with how things went. I am still aiming for 12km (okay, could be 10km) run on Saturday morning, as nice as it would be to get out there getting closer to 20km’s again I am determined to run the year injury free and the best way, I think, to do this is by being sensible during training.

So, this week has/is looking like;
Monday – 30min puppy walk
Tuesday – 6km
Wednesday – 30min puppy walk
Thursday – 6km
Friday – 30min puppy walk
Saturday – 10-12km run
Sunday – run down the beach with puppy

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 12, 04:53:00 pm, Blogger miners said...

good girl - keep bongo in check for the first couple of weeks and make sure he doesn't make you overdo it. We want you running injury-free all year in '06 :)

 
At Thu Jan 12, 08:33:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Nice work Chelle, 2 mins over 6k is heaps!

Don't be too disappointed if you 'only' do 10k Saturday. With this heat and humidity we're experiencing its at least 12k in the cool.

Give Bongo a pat for me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home