Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 26 March 2006

Sunday long run

My plan was originally 90minutes this mornig, then I decided 2hours might be better and Mr Chelle told me of a 20km loop he use to do on his bike. Left home about 6am, it actually felt a bit cool this morning, winter is definitely on its way. Headed up towards the bike track that leads all the way up to the Hornibrook bridge, only saw two people the whole way up there, probably a bit early for a Sunday morning still! At the Hornibrook bridge, I turned right and ran along the Shorncliffe waterfront until I got to the end of the esplanade where I turned right again and headed towards home. All up I did 15km in just under 90mins, turns out I turned off too soon and missed out a top loop which would have made the run 20km. Still feeling pretty good with my run though and next week I might try the 20km loop.

3 Comments:

At Mon Mar 27, 10:37:00 am, Blogger Clairie said...

Always good to do a run on new territory. I think the 90mins was a better option. Pat always tells us to do 3 weeks forward, one week back. So next week...forward again :)

 
At Mon Mar 27, 06:01:00 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

The girl who got me marathon running used to say it doesn't hurt every now and then to finish a run feeling like you want to do more, rather than feeling spent - it makes you so eager to get out there next time.

Its so nice running up at Shorncliffe and Redcliffe, we'll have to get the gang up for a Sunday run sometime soon.

 
At Mon Mar 27, 06:31:00 pm, Blogger Chelle said...

Sounds good - more than happy to make my place 'base camp' for post running pancakes (and fruit of course!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home