Chelles Running Blog

Little Pom who met an Aussie eight years ago and moved over here to be with him. Love Brisbane and all it has to offer, not sure if I would have been as keen about getting up at 5am during the English winter for a run!

Sunday 9 April 2006

The Chelleberra Experience

Well, today was a big day, not just for me but for a lot of my friends who were out going for broke in their (first) marathon in Canberra.

The plan this morning was to go out and run 2.10. I cant remember exactly, but i am fairly confident that would be my longest run ever! I set off just before 6am, it was slightly cool, but within a couple of mins I was warmed up and on my way up towards the Hornibrook bridge... I stopped after 20minutes for a stretch and then back on my way again. I made it to the bridge in 31minutes, which was a minute quicker than last week, and then on along Shorncliffe I went. The Run Inn had a race setting up this morning, so there were a few familiar faces which was nice to see. This week was definitely a lot easier than last, I think the cooler weather and less humidity had a lot to do with it, plus every time I felt that I might want to slow down I thought about the guys in Canberra who were doing double the distance (and I later found out in well under double the time!!).

When I got back to the bottom of my road I was only on 1.46, a good couple of minutes quicker than the previous week, as my goal was still 25minutes more I headed off in the opposite direction for 10minutes before doing a small loop around a park and then back home. I crossed the driveway (my official finish line) 132minutes after I'd left... longest run ever I think. All up I think I did about 22km, Mr Chelle thought it might be slightly more, but I'm not convinced.

I had a bit of knee-numbness at 45minutes, and again at 90minutes, luckily I wasnt running at 135minutes, but it would have been interesting to see if it had reoccured then too... will keep my eye on it and do a lot of stretching over the next few days to hopefully nip it in the bud.

9th day of the month and I just cleared my entire month of Feb's K's..... yaay!

1 Comments:

At Fri Apr 14, 11:17:00 am, Blogger Tesso said...

I get so jealous when you write about running around the Shorncliffe area, its so nice up there. We will all definitely have to come up for a run one weekend.

Let me know if you'd like to borrow the Garmin to measure your course. It will be a few weeks at least (hopefully no more!) before I'll be needing it for longer runs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home